Monday, December 04, 2006

Into Summer







As we move into summer and the promised heat of the continent for this year and the continuing drought I consider we are lucky to have continued rain splashing over us at Yessabah.
The lilies have popped up again on the dam after rain buried them under a few inches of water, the wedge tailed eagles are back again hunting for yummy stuff...frogs hop across the roof at night and sit on the verandah...and the little ones sit in the bamboo by day trying to look like they are not really there...and the orb weavers are back spinning their webs across every spot they can around the verandah...we move them if they get in the way...spiders and blue fairy wrens have eaten the flying termites that appear as the weather gets warmer...better the spiders than the termites..
At this time of year I think of my country of origin and snow and family...so different from the summer here...but the thoughts are always the same...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Phil, LOVE the photos, me thinks I will have to come and visit in the New Year to see for myself! Petie